Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Prince Charming in the house

 So I have to admit that I've been sitting on the letter box of late waiting for a package from Hawthorne Threads... well, not so much sitting on the letter box as checking it obsessively every day since I could reasonably expect that my package might arrive.

 Yesterday my package arrived.  The first three are a bit of a mixed bag, two prints from Sugar and Spice (Riley Blake), and one from Theory (Anthology).  The Sugar and Spice is to go with my growing collection of aqua and red fabrics, which I will hopefully get to cut into soon.  The Theory is because I really loved the colour combination and I'm picturing some kind of quilt of Kona Solids in the same colours.
 The main reason for my order was to get some Prince Charming by one of my all time favourite designers Tula Pink.  I did very seriously consider getting fat quarters of the whole range, but decided to focus on the colours that I really loved instead.  First up two colours from the "honey" colour range
Hawthorne Threads is one of those wonderful shops that does fat quarter bundles of some ranges, split into colour stories, so I got the "Coral" colour story in fat quarters
and finally - my absolute favourite - Indigo!  I actually got yards of some of the prints in this colour story, and half yards of all the rest.  LOVE THEM
This is one of those times that I bought fabric with no idea about what I'm going to do with them... but I'm sure it will come to me! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are a girl after my own heart! I love the prints you selected. Yes, we do have to be reasonable about our choices don't we? I'm supposed to be using up my stash, not growing it! But I'm totally loving and obsessed with the movement toward modern quilting. Did you know, a friend and I just co-founded the Des Moines (Iowa) chapter of The Modern Quilt Guild? We've got more than 30 gals interested, and 13 of us have signed up for the "Habitat" fabric challenge by Free Spirit. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts