Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gratitude

Gratitude - n. being thankful or appreciative

I remember a number of years ago that Oprah had a program that encouraged everyone to keep a gratitude journal, the goal was to write down something, or five somethings, everyday that you were grateful for. I personally believe that taking a few moments of time to be grateful and to express that gratitude is something that everyone should do.

Often I feel grateful for things, but I never really share them, so here's the plan (and I'll be the first one to admit that it's not an original plan!) each week I am going to share one thing that I'm grateful for. It doesn't have to be a big thing, it can be something small, or at the other end of the scale, it might be something monumental! :)

Now, I'm sure that it hasn't escaped your attention that we're already in the first week of February, which means that I'm about 4 posts behind - so I'm going to try and catch those up too! I even have a beautiful button to use with the posts

TA-DA!

Today I'm going to share my first gratitude: My Mum and my sister

I come from a relatively small family, and while we (the womenfolk) of the family don't always agree on everything (we've been called "robust debaters" before!) I would not be the woman I am today if it were not for them. Over the years they have been there while I studied, they've watched over me as I prepared for exams, they've come to graduations, and quilt shows, and theatre productions, they've designed blog buttons for me (thanks!), they've travelled with me... the list really is endless. That's before you even get into the things that I've learnt from them, if not for them I wouldn't be able to cook, wouldn't be able to SEW, wouldn't be able to read... there are so many things that I love and enjoy in my life that have come straight from them! So today I'm grateful for my Mum and my sister :)


So how about you guys? What are you grateful for today? Who else wants to join me with posting a gratitude each week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in! See my latest blog post, Pinky. Hope you receive a few more visits :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts